Clove Spices are not only known for their rich flavours but also for their medicinal properties. Indians and Chinese people have been using different types of spices for many centuries.
They add it in tea as well as meals to enjoy the flavour as well as health benefits. One such magical spice which people have been using for a long time is clove.
This versatile spice goes well with almost every type of food. It gives spicy warmth and a rich aroma to the food. It is widely used in traditional medicines.
If you want to know about the clove medical use cases, follow this guide. We will give you more information about the medical benefits of this spice.
What Is Clove?
Cloves are found on clove trees. It is called Syzygiumaromaticum. These trees are mostly found in Asian countries like India, Pakistan and Vietnam.
There are flower buds on the tree. These buds are known as cloves. It is picked from the tree and dried in the sun. You can use the dried bud as well as the steam and leaves.
Most of the people either ground clove or use clove oil. When it comes to medicinal use, people mostly use clove oil. During the 13th Century, this spice became extremely popular and was transported to different parts of the world.
It was the highlight of prices and became luxury at that time. Ever since ancient times, Indians have been using cloves for their medicinal properties. It was used for curing gastrointestinal problems as well as bad breath.
Chinese people have been using this spice for its aphrodisiac properties. You can use it for healing cuts as well as relieve congestion.
Because of all these medicinal properties and flavours, Asians use cloves on a daily basis to cook food. Apart from that, clove oil is separately used for medical uses.
Clove Medical Use Cases:
There are many medical uses and health benefits of clove. You can use it for treating minor problems like cold and cough as well as to treat major problems like stomach ulcers. Here are some of the medical uses of clove.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Clove contains many important minerals and vitamins which our body needs to function. However, apart from minerals, it also contains antioxidants. These antioxidants have many health benefits. It helps you to repair dead cells as well as keep your skin healthy. The free radicals help you to improve the overall health of your body.
- Kills Bacteria: The anti-microbial, as well as anti-bacterial properties of clove, help your body to fight against various microbes and bacteria. You can consume it to fight against bacteria which causes food positioning. This way, it prevents gastrointestinal problems. It also helps you to fight oral bacteria.
- Protects against Cancer: Research shows that clove extracts can help you protect against cancer. There are certain compounds found in this spice that stops the growth of cancer tumours. It may help you against cervical as well as oesophagal cancer.
- Improves Bone Health: Most people face bone problems once they cross the age of 40. Low bone density often leads to scaling on bones which causes osteoporosis. However, research in animals shows that cloves can help you to preserve bone mass and density. This way, it can improve your bone health and avoid various bone-related problems.
- Improves Liver Health: Research shows that clove helps with liver problems. It helps you to keep your liver strong by avoiding problems like fatty liver, liver cirrhosis and live scarring. If you want to boost your liver health, you can use clove. Eugenol compound in clove helps to prevent various liver problems.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Clove might also help you in regulating blood sugar levels. So, if you have diabetes, you can use clove oil to keep the blood sugar level in control. It will help in the release of insulin, thereby helping you to manage diabetes.
- Reduce Stomach Ulcers: Stress, as well as digestive problems, often lead to stomach ulcers—these ulcers and painful and nasty. However, you can easily treat and reduce these ulcers with the help of clove extracts. The compound found in this spice increase production of gastric mucus, which helps to avoid ulcer problems.
- Aphrodisiac Properties: Chinese people use clove along with nutmeg to boost their sexual health as they have aphrodisiac properties. It helps to boost the production of testosterone in the body, thereby working as an aphrodisiac.
- Oral Health: Clove is used in many dental products. It helps to relieve toothaches. Apart from that, it prevents gum problems like gingivitis. You can use it to get rid of bad breath and maintain your oral health.